CS Genetics is developing pathbreaking new technology for genomics, based on foundational scientific insights and sophisticated conceptual innovations in sequencing techniques. Our work will accelerate basic biologic research and enable lifesaving new clinical diagnostics. We have an extremely skilled team, a large global intellectual property estate, and amongst the most inventive, ambitious technology roadmaps in life science.
We’re developing a radically-new, instrument-free platform for single-cell sequencing with disruptive throughput and experimental ease. We’re growing our Cambridge R&D team to help launch a new era of Next Generation Sequencing based cellular analysis.
We are building our Kit Development team and are looking for an exceptional Director of Kit Development to lead and manage late-stage product development and kitting of major new single-cell NGS products. The Kit Development team is charged with late-stage product development (stability testing, formulations, etc), working with vendors/OEM suppliers, and formulating overall kitting strategy and operations. You will work closely with our R&D, Applications, and Manufacturing teams to ensure development of easy-to-use, streamlined, and highly robust products for our customers.
As Director of Kit Development, you will be instrumental in defining late-stage product development paths, and will help turn our technology into easy-to-use kits and empower our customers to make the most of our cutting-edge products. This is an exceptional opportunity to help develop and deliver products that will have wide-ranging impacts across fundamental and applied/translational research.
The ideal candidate will be a rigorous, analytical and organized professional with significant experience in developing customer-facing molecular biology kits. As Director of Kit development, you will be tasked with growing an exceptional team of product development scientists and will shape how major new products are packaged/formulated and delivered to our customers. This role would suit an experienced professional who is looking for an opportunity to help develop a suite of objectively groundbreaking products and build a team from the ground up to deliver them successfully to customers. We're looking for a skilled, aggressive, and energetic operator to accelerate our growth by rapid development, validation, and launch of high-quality commercial kits.
- Lead late-stage product development and kitting of multiple new single-cell NGS products
- Develop QC assays and refine performance metrics
- Build documentation for user and system requirements, participate in product design and development, and support integration and testing activities
- Lead complex investigations, troubleshooting product performance issues
- Balance near-term needs for commercialization with long-term needs for stability and process control that may include establishment of QC metrics, driving business processes, and quality management systems
- Lead interactions with supplier partners with a critical eye towards successful component development and product commercialization
- Ensure efficient logistics activities by liaising and negotiating with logistics providers, suppliers and manufacturers
- Build and train a team focused on late-stage product development
- Manage team priorities, resource allocations, and execution tracking
Required Skills and Background
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering, chemistry, biochemistry, molecular biology, or similar field with 7+ years of experience (an equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered)
- Proven experience in a similar kit-development or late-stage product development role within the Life Sciences, clinical or pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in both Development (new product introduction) and Operations settings, preferably with experience commercializing products in a fast-paced Biologics, Molecular Biology, or Chemistry environment
- Experience in pilot/full-production environments, including tech transfer activities, sustaining support, and continuous improvement
- Experience working directly with vendors and/or contract manufacturers
- Proficient with method verification, validation, and assay transfer
- Enthusiasm for a demanding, fast-paced role in a small-startup environment
- A keen eye for detail, strong IT skills, high level of data accuracy and methodical approach are critical in this role to ensure the seamless management of our kit development
Desired Skills and Background
- Direct management or cross-functional team leadership experience
- Expertise in NGS assay kit development
- Proven experience of kit development and commercialization in a global marketplace
What We Offer
- Exceptional team within a very fast-growing startup
- Mission driven startup looking to change how genomic data is generated and analyzed
- Opportunity to grow a wide range of technical, professional, and operational skills quickly and deeply
- Opportunity to build a team from scratch within a high-growth organisational context, and to focus sharply on raw speed of technical and corporate/commercial execution
- Exceptional office/R&D workspace in central Cambridge – with regular free events, free food, company/community activities etc
- Next to Cambridge Station – excellent commute and great city center location
- Highly competitive package and equity scheme
CS Genetics is not working with recruiters for this role; interested applicants must apply directly to the company.
We’re building a diverse, dynamic, and contrarian team.